Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oliver's Tomato Soup

This past week Justin and I moved into a new house. Everyone knows how the process of moving goes. Boxes, boxes, boxes, a few bruises, exhaustion, and a ton of take out. I was determined that this time we would not burn a small fortune on take out (as yummy as it is in our new neighborhood). Cooking while moving is usually quite difficult, hence the takeout. The kitchen is the hub of the home, at least that is how I see it. Therefore that is the most difficult place to unpack and organize because it has to be perfect. There is nothing worse than a kitchen that does not flow well. This week, my solution to the cooking in the middle of moving was to do something simple that makes a lot as to eliminate the need to cook more than once. Our friend soup is clearly the key. Easy to make and serve.

I will forgo writing the recipe here as you can easily click on the link below. The recipe says there are only 4 servings...we have already eaten 5 bowls and there is plenty left. I served our soup with grilled cheese, the classic tomato soup companion.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetarian-recipes/tomato-soup

1 comment: